Monday, February 26: Save with a plan
- Savers with a plan can be over twice as likely to save successfully for things like retirement. Start your savings habit during America Saves week by creating a simple savings plan when you take the America Saves Pledge for a chance to win up to $750.
Tuesday, February 27: Save the easy way…automatically
- It can be hard to put aside money for savings, but there is an easy way to save money without ever missing it by making your savings automatic in 2018. Already saving automatically? Find ways to automate other aspects of your financial life this year.
Wednesday, February 28: Save for rainy days
- A rainy day fund consists of a small amount of money in a savings account separate from your checking that you do not have easy access to. Saving for this fund starts with small, regularly scheduled contributions that build up over time.
Thursday, March 1: Save to retire
- Saving now for retirement will ensure you have enough money to have a comfortable standard of living when you stop working or reduce the amount of hours you work. Participate in a work-related retirement program such as a 401(k) or open an Individual Retirement Account (or IRA). Already saving for retirement? We recommend increasing the amount you save toward retirement by 1 percent.
Friday, March 2: Save the extra
- We’re more likely to save a windfall than a small amount consistently over a long period of time. Hack that psychology by saving your bonuses, raises, and tax refunds. This tax season, get ahead of your financial goals by saving at least $50, and reward yourself with SaveYourRefund by entering to win one of over 100 prizes up to $10,000.
Saturday, March 3: Save as a family
- Good savings habits start at home. Whether you’re budgeting, saving, making retirement decisions, or assessing workplace benefits, share the choices you make with your children, no matter their age.