Protect Your Debit Card
The Bank of Advance is committed to providing continued financial education and security. Please take the time to learn how you can help protect yourself from debit card fraud with these easy suggestions.
Monitor Your Debit Card with SHAZAM® BOLT$
SHAZAM® BOLT$ acts like a high-tech, early warning system that immediately alerts you to potentially fraudulent activitiy. You will automatically receive email alerts regarding your debit card transactions on your phone, tablet or home computer. With the help of SHAZAM® BOLT$, no one is better equipped to catch debit card fraud than you. After all, you know what you've purchased and can spot an unauthorized transaction instantly.
Customize your alert settings to notify you when purchases exceed a preset amount, transactions occur in a foreign country or your debit card number is used but your card is not present, such as telephone or internet purchases. You can also check your account balance information anytime, anywhere.
Register your Bank of Advance debit card at https://bolts.shazam.net or visit the app store on your iPhone or Android phone to download the mobile app. Click on New Mobile Card User and follow the step-by-step instructions. After successfully registering your debit card, be sure to set up your alerts by clicking on Card Alert Settings (Alerts & Settings for app users). To be notified every time your debit card is used, put a check mark next to Transactions Over and set the transaction amount to $1.
If you receive a notification for a debit card transaction that you did not authorize, call us immedatiately at (573) 722-3517 or call SHAZAM® Card Services at (800) 383-8000 after hours.
Register for a MasterCard® SecureCodeTM
MasterCard® SecureCodeTM is an online security service to guard against unauthorized use of your debit card when you shop online with many participating merchants. There is no need to get a new card, no software to download, no cost and no hassles... just added security. Once enrolled in this service, you will have added confidence that MasterCard® SecureCodeTM performs an extra authentication step to protect your debit card from unauthorized users online.
- Click here to register your Bank of Advance debit card for a MasterCard® SecureCodeTM.
- Shop online and pay with your enrolled debit card.
- When you submit your order with a participating merchant, the MasterCard® SecureCodeTM box will automatically open on the merchant order form asking for your SecureCodeTM.
- Enter your unique SecureCodeTM and within seconds, your identity is confirmed and your purchase is complete. This communication is between you and your card issuer. Your information is never shared with the merchant.
Report Upcoming Trips
Change Your PIN for Added Security
Safegaurd Your Debit Card and PIN
Keep your debit card information secure.
- Memorize your PIN. DO NOT WRITE IT ON YOUR CARD.
- Do not tell anyone your PIN or account number. We will NEVER contact you by phone, email or text to ask for your card number, PIN or security code.
- Do not loan your card to anyone.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.